We are a PADI Five Star Dive Resort situated on the beautiful, Caribbean island of Bonaire. The island is known for its world class shore diving in one of the world’s oldest marine reserves. As STINAPA Reef Rangers we know all about the Bonaire National Marine Park and will be happy to share our knowledge with you through thorough dive briefings as well as through on land presentations open to all. Beyond The Corals isn’t just your average dive centre, we go above and beyond! We have a highly trained team capable of teaching in multiple languages. Whilst diving with us, you will be able to use our excellently maintained rental equipment and dive computers. Skill practice is done in our three-tiered onsite training pool, making it ideal training conditions for easy learning. After diving with us, you are welcome to grab a drink or a post dive meal at our on site restaurant. We are committed to sustainable diving practices and protecting the delicate ecosystem that we explore with you.
The resort offers a variety of courses for all levels of divers, from introductory dives, to specialties, to pro level certifications. Our experienced instructors are dedicated to ensuring a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing getaway or an adventure-filled vacation, Beyond The Corals has something great for everyone in store. Our knowledgeable dive guides will happily show you the best dive sites Bonaire has to offer. Join us for our two-tank guided dives, an ostracod night dive or a two-tank dive trip to Klein Bonaire! Let us take care of navigation for you and we can point out all the coolest marine creatures in the meantime.
Meet the team
We are STINAPA reef rangers & Green Fins Digital Member
Diving with Beyond The Corals is diving with a dive center that is a proud Green Fins partner and where all staff are STINAPA Reef Rangers! Let us first introduce you to Green Fins. This initiative is a proven conservation management approach implemented by The Reef-World Foundation that aims to educate, inspire, and empower the people who live with and rely on coral reefs to protect these ocean world treasures through environmentally friendly guidelines. Furthermore, as STINAPA Reef Rangers, our staff has received in depth training of our local environment and the Bonaire National Marine Park in which we operate. By diving with Beyond The Corals, you help safeguard Bonaire as a sustainable diving operation for many generations to come. As a team of conscious and aware divers, our unwavering commitment is to be an active part of the front line of ocean conservation. Therefore, we make sure we apply environmentally sustainable and responsible practices on a daily basis to ensure we reduce as many threats as we can in these valuable ecosystems. Thus, our divers can trust that our dive center prioritizes the long-term health of these marine ecosystems by promoting and applying sustainable reef-based practices.
What we do at Beyond The Corals?
- We are proud Green Fins and STINAPA Reef Rangers and have been trained accordingly.
- We adhere to the STINAPA mandated rule that every diver should first go on a guided orientation dive with a dive center. This allows us to tell you all about the do’s and don’ts of shore diving, our marine national park rules and allows us to assess your comfort and buoyancy in water.
- We are passionate about local coral restoration efforts and help out by taking care of our Reef Renewal coral nursery at our housereef, Bachelor’s Beach.
- We are actively involved in the removal of the invasive Lionfish, which we keep under control here on Bonaire.
- We have implemented a waste system to help us separate our operation’s trash to promote recycling and to prevent these items from ending up in nature.
- We offer free, cold drinking water to all our guests wanting to fill up their reusable water bottles.
What can you do?
- Choose a dive operator such as Beyond The Corals, that actively participates in conservation efforts by being Green Fins members and STINAPA Reef Rangers.
- Use reefsafe sunscreen.
- Use a reusable water bottle (tap water in Bonaire is perfectly safe todrink).
- Bring your batteries home with you as they can’t be recycled on island.
- Practice good buoyancy to safeguard our corals.
- Invest in further training through the PADI Peak Performance specialty when in need of a refresher.
- Join the local conservation cause by becoming a PADI Reef Renewal Diver or a Lionfish Hunter.
Our Mission Statement
What’s in a name, in our case everything. When you dive or stay with us that is when you will realize that we go above and Beyond to accommodate, educate and communicate our passion for all things ocean related. Our values are interwoven within our name.
B – Our experience and diverse back grounds allow us to provide a tailor made service that goes Beyond expectations.
E – Exploration and Excellence, we pride ourselves in continually honing our skills and maintaining a standard that sets us apart from the crowd.
Y – Years of operation and experience we have managed to differentiate, adapt and define our service to meet all expectations.
O – We strive to Organise every experience with us to be a unique and memorable event.
N – Nature conservation is of utmost importance to us and can be felt in every interaction with our organization.
D – Due diligence when it comes to our involvement in caring for the marine park.
T – Teaching, not only PADI courses but marine conservation-minded programs help differentiate us.
H – Our Hospitality knows no bounds, and everyone is encouraged to benefit from our renowned service.
E – Emphasis on our role as marine ambassadors – we interact and conduct our daily operations with a conservation and preservation mindset.
C – We Conduct ourselves in such a way that every person feels valued and appreciated.
O – We posses a very Optimistic and can-do attitude that is visible from the moment you arrive at our locations.
R – Responsibility to our cause is one of our fundamental values and we strive every day to improve and refine our purpose.
A – Awareness and implementation of new methods and practices regarding all aspects of the organization allow BTC to continually progress and evolve.
L – Linking our passion and responsibility into our daily activities encourages us to strive for excellence in all aspects of our operations.
S – Seeing is believing, so find out for yourself what is Beyond our name.